The Africa Research and Impact Network (ARIN) serves as a nurturing ground for individuals with a keen interest in research and innovation. Often, employment opportunities are limited due to a lack of exposure and experience. At ARIN, we have established an internship program dedicated to providing mentorship and hands-on training to talented graduates aspiring to build careers in research and innovation across Africa.
Our primary objective is to equip interns with a valuable learning experience and an opportunity to actively contribute to ARIN’s research and initiatives.
- Gain Practical Experience: The internship program is designed to immerse interns in real-world research projects within the organization. Interns will actively engage in various projects undertaken by ARIN, thus contributing significantly to the organization’s overarching goals and objectives.
- Enhance Skills and Knowledge: Interns will have the opportunity to develop and refine their skills and knowledge in areas such as data collection and analysis, report writing, and project management.
- Collaborate with Team Members and Support Organizational Initiatives: Interns will closely work with ARIN team members, fostering a spirit of collaboration and inclusivity while assisting ARIN in realizing its mission and vision.
- Gain Exposure to the Field: Interns will gain invaluable exposure to the field of research and its impact, acquiring insights into the challenges and opportunities in addressing social, economic, and environmental issues in Africa.
Structure of the Internship
This position requires a high level of organization as well as a genuine passion for conducting research across various projects, both short-term and long-term. Additionally, interpersonal, leadership, and project management skills are highly valued.
- Conduct Research: Interns will be responsible for researching various projects under ARIN supervision.
- Data Collection and Analysis: Interns will be responsible for collecting and analyzing data using appropriate research methods and tools.
- Report Writing: Interns will collaborate with relevant team members to prepare reports for various projects, subsequently presenting them to the executive director and pertinent stakeholders.
- Attend Meetings and Workshops: Interns will be expected to participate in ARIN’s weekly meetings, workshops, and other events to network and further their skills.
- Assist in Any Other Duty Assigned.
- Master’s or talented Bachelor’s degree from any recognized institution across Africa.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
How to apply
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their CVs and concise Cover Letters to email@example.com no later than October 13, 2023.