Position: Assistant Communication and Administration Manager
The ARIN is a network of over 200 researchers and policy makers across 36 African countries aimed at promoting research excellence and dialogue on best research and impact practices. The ARIN provides one of the unique convening platforms for science-policy interface in Africa building on evidence. It recognises that Africa is home to multiple researchers, innovation and best policy practices but these remain poorly shared, learnt from to inform impactful Research and Development Agenda. The ARIN therefore provides a peer review platform where best research and impact practices from different African contexts are shared, profiled and leveraged to inform transformative policy actions.
ARIN seeks to recruit an Assistant Communication and Administration Manager who will contribute towards the implementation of several research projects. The terms of reference for the position are listed below.
This position provides an opportunity for International career growth in research and broader networking among the various ARIN networks in Africa and abroad.
The Assistant Communication and Administration Manager will be expected to undertake the following cross-cutting roles:
- Provide day to day communication and engagement with the ARIN fellows across Africa.
- Support the ARIN communication team with development of cutting-edge communication products and outreach.
- Support ongoing research projects, through literature review and data analysis.
- Support convening policy dialogues including seminars and research reviews, among others.
- Support other aspects of project implementation.
- Support the preparation and delivery of research outputs such as journal articles, books, policy briefs and op-eds.
- Provide support as guided by the supervisor.
This position offers a strategic opportunity for international career growth and networking. Given the technical and demanding nature of the assignment, the ideal research candidate will be required to demonstrate competence in the following:
- Critical research skills, including literature review, data analysis and preparation of manuscripts.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken. The candidate should be proficient in English.
- Leadership and ambition, as demonstrated through innovative initiatives.
- Teamwork, thus able to work with people from various backgrounds, both domestic and foreign
- Independence, whereby candidates would require minimal supervision to execute their duties.
The following qualifications are required for the position.
- An completed Msc degree or its equivalent in the social sciences or
- Candidates enrolled in an Msc degree in the social sciences are also welcome to apply.
- Knowledge of a UN official language in addition to English
ARIN is committed to the nurturing research talent in Africa. Successful candidates will benefit from exposure to a fast-paced, world-class research environment. They will get to significantly contribute to the design and execution of research projects. By the end of their assignment, the successful candidates will have strengthened their research, policy analysis and communication skills. It is also anticipated that they will also strengthen their leadership skills, in preparation for successful professional careers.
The duration of the assignment will be six months, with a possibility of extension for exceptional candidates. The successful candidates will be expected to work from the ARIN Secretariat in Nairobi if feasible. Working remotely is also possible.
Applications should consist of the following comprise a cover letter (no more than one page) and a CV with contact details for three referees.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com and to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remuneration will be based on ARIN’s guidelines as Network Manager.
Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Upon being shortlisted, candidates will be invited to an online or remote interview. Selection for the interview will be subject to performance from a written task for the shortlisted candidates.
All inquiries should be directed to email@example.com.
Please note the application deadline for this position is 19th January 2022, 11:59 East African Time (EAT).