The Africa Sustainability Hub (ASH) is looking for young scholars willing to be part of a network of correspondents across and beyond Africa. The network shall purpose to be a force that seeks to enhance mechanisms through which rigour and excellence is achieved when addressing specific needs of young sustainability scholars across Africa. Dedicated events will be organised to promote students, young professionals, young policy makers or others who embrace new and critical ways of thinking about sustainability and development.
If you are interested in being part of it, please kindly contact us by sending your detailed CV and a personal statement to email@example.com
About Young African Scholars Academy (YASA)
Challenging conventional wisdom and advancing ideas to better serve society
The Africa Sustainability Hub (ASH) aims to focus on transformative, evidence-based, and action-oriented research that will generate the basis for addressing the underlying socio-technical challenges facing sustainable development in Africa. The overarching goals of the hub is to provide:
- Evidence-based research to inform Africa’s transformative and sustainable development.
- Capacity building across the various sectors, institutions, and governance systems to provide an enabling environment for transformation.
- Policy formulation and implementation support
As part of delivery of the ASH agenda, ASH initiated the Young African Scholars Academy (YASA) to provide students, young professionals, young policy makers or others who embrace new and critical ways of thinking about sustainability and development. YASA fosters conversation among those who wish to engage with new sustainability thinking and connects young scholars to the hub’s vast network of researchers, practitioners and influential thinkers.
The goal of YASA is to integrate graduate students and early career researches and practitioners in the activities of ASH and in the field of sustainability and development, and give them the opportunity to connect with each other. The objectives of the YASA include:
- Developing research that challenges sustainability orthodoxy and serves society through capacity development on research concepts and proposals development
- Providing support and training on publishing (article, graphics, working papers, policy briefs etc) on pressing sustainability and social issues.
- Incubating special projects to foster pioneering sustainability thinking
- Convening meetings of diverse community of thinkers from different fields, countries, and schools of thought
The target members of YASA are individuals and institutions that embrace new and critical ways of thinking about sustainability and development including:
- Graduate students
- Early career researchers
- Young professionals
- Young policy makers
- Friends of young scholars
The management of YASA will be integrated within ASH. Country representation within the academy will be based on invitation from the academy secretariat hosted at ASH, under the advisory of ASH coordinator.
We look forward to hearing from interested applicants for inclusive engagements on the continents sustainability agenda.